by Bhaktabandhav Srila Bhaktivedanta Narayana Gosvami Maharaja
1. The original Jaiva-Dharma, written in Bengali, is a priceless ornament for all Vaisnavas.
2. The author, Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura, is a confidential associate of Mahaprabhu, and is famous as the Seventh Gosvami.
3. By the causeless, unlimited mercy, inspiration and direct order of my Gurudeva (Srila Bhaktipragyana Keshava Gosvami Maharaja) I was able to translate this book into Hindi.
4. The word jaiva-dharma refers to the dharma of the jiva, or the constitutional function of the soul.
5. Regardless of external appearances all souls have only one eternal, immutable dharma. This book describes this dharma.
6. This book contains the essence of the deep and confidential topics of the Vedic scriptures.
7. It is written in the form of a tasteful, entertaining, and easily-comprehensible novel.
8. The third section is on rasa topics which are described in a such a manner that only rasika devotees will be able to understand them.
Example: Although neem and mango trees may be present together in the same garden, a crow will sit on a neem tree and taste its bitter fruits, whereas the cuckoo, who has discriminating taste, will sit on the mango tree and savour its sweet sprouts and blossoms.
9. I’ve personally read Jaiva-Dharma more than 108 times.
10. This book has ushered in a new era in the philosophical and religious worlds.